Some are, some aren’t—I’ve shared over 1250 formulations since 2011! I am confident that the ingredients I use are safe, though, regardless of their “natural-ness”. If you’re looking for my more natural formulations, you can find them here:
You can learn more about the ingredients I use in the Humblebee & Me DIY Encyclopedia. For ingredients where the natural-ness might not be clear, I usually note it.
I would encourage you to read these posts and articles. The first two in particular do a good job of explaining how fuzzy the term “natural” is, and how all-natural isn’t the be-all and end-all for everything and everyone.
- Let’s Talk About “Natural”
- The Natural Efficacy Fallacy and Natural Shaming
- What’s the point of DIY if you’re using all these chemicals?
- Is X ingredient a chemical?
If you want to use 100% natural things that’s totally ok! You do you. However, please be aware that there is a lot of bad information and fear-mongering about conventional cosmetic ingredients in the all-natural space. I’d encourage you to choose all-natural because you love it, not because you’re worried about the safety of conventional ingredients. When you’re doing your research, please make sure your sources are solid.
- Research Red Flags & How to Learn About Your Ingredients
- How to Research Your Ingredients: Part 1
- How to Research Your Ingredients: Part 2
- Is the EWG’s Skin Deep Database a good place to learn about ingredient safety?
If you don’t agree with the ingredients I use in a certain formulation, just look for another one. I’ve shared a lot of free formulations!
Posted in: Personal & Website