3/126 measure

00 Home New Forums Make it Up Troubleshooting 3/126 measure

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Penny
    Participant

How on earth did you guys measure this?

Marie
    Keymaster

It’s 1.5 of the 1/64 measures, it’s just bad form to combine decimals and fractions, so I multiplied it up 😛 Add one, see what you think of the blend, and then eek it up a bit as required, basically—it’s such a crazy small amount that there is definitely room to play!

Penny
    Participant

That’s pretty much what I ended up doing yesterday. Added a drop at a time till I got a colour I thought was pretty.

I’m trying to hurry up and finish my coffee then putter in my kitchen!

bellbottom
    Participant

let’s get MATHEMATICAL.

1 teaspoon = 5 grams.

3/126 –> 3 divided by 126 = 0.02

0.02 x 5 = 0.1 gram

BelindaSK
    Participant

You want us to do MATH?!?! *with a look of horror on her face!*
    NOOOOOOOO!!

Welcome to the forum bellbottom!

Cynnara
    Participant

There is no call for you all to ruin a perfectly good thread with MATH! 😂😱😂😱😂😱

bellbottom
    Participant

HEY. gimme a break 😉

i was totally freaking out when i got my book and i realized in Brazil we DO NOT have those dash/pinch etc spoons and how in the world was i gonna make the makeup?

THEN I REMEMBERED 5TH GRADE MATH AND MATH SAVED THE DAY. IT WAS PRETTY NEAT. 😀

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:
    1/8 t = 0.6g
    1/16 t – 0.3g
    1/32 t = 0.15g
    1/64 t = 0.08g

BelindaSK
    Participant

Since I have the spoons, the thought of doing it that way never occurred to me. That was really a DUH moment for me when you did the mathematical conversion! Haha!

Bellbottom, if you have Amazon, try there if you haven’t already. They have them, or at least they have them in the US and Canada. Or a restaurant supply website. They have all kinds of fun goodies on those sites for crafters!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.