Believe it or not, skincare brands are one of the biggest contributors to a lot of environmental problems around the world.
– A lot of skincare brands use palm oil
– Leads to deforestation – in order for palms to be planted precious Rainforests are being burnt down.
-Animals are losing their homes – endangered such as the Orangutan and the sumatran tiger. Read about it here.
– Even the use of sustainable palm oil is bad. Even though there is no deforestation in the making of it – it still promotes the demand for palm oil so then they go on to cut down more trees.
– FOODS WITH PALM OIL – Nutella, Tim Tams, Oreos, Lindt, Some Cadburies.
– I have done a year of extensive research on this issue for a special project, I am aware of the causes and outcomes.
PLEASE DO NOT USE PALM OIL!! – THINK OF THE ANIMALS, THE FORESTS, CLIMATE CHANGE, PHOTOSINTHYIS,AND OUT ENTIRE ECO SYSTEM. Don’t support the brands that use palm oil, don’t use palm oil in your soaps and balms! PLEASE!!
– In the making of a lot of products there is plastic packaging and tools used
– It is estimated that soon there will be more plastic in the ocean by weight than fish in the sea
– The majority of DIY’s use plastic packaging to hold their products in
TO HELP – YOU CAN:
– Try to support brands that do not use too much plastic in packaging
– Promote recycling
– Don’t use plastic packaging
Rainforest trustTHERE ARE LOADS MORE ISSUES WHICH I CANNOT STATE ALL OF THEM RIGHT NOW. PLEASE SHARE ANY ISSUES YOU WISH TO BECOME AWARE OF AND EXPLAIN WHY THEY HARM OUR PLANET. IF YOU WISH TO FIND MORE INFO ABOUT THESE ISSUES GO TO THE Rainforest trust or here