What photography/videography equipment do you use?

My workhorse camera is my Nikon D750. I use it for about 95% of my photography, and I used to film with it as well (from ~2016–early 2019). The other 5% of my photography is done with my iPhone 7 and sometimes my older Nikon D5000.

Lens-wise, I shoot most of my stills with my Nikon AF-S FX Micro-NIKKOR 2177 60mm f/2.8. Because it’s a macro lens it allows me to get all up close & personal with my creations! I also use (and love!) my Sigma 35mm F1.4 ART and my Sigma 85mm f/1.4 ART, but photos using those lenses are more likely to appear on my Instagram account as they’re typically landscapes or portraits.

As of spring 2019, I film everything with a Canon EOS 80D. I used to film with my Nikon D750, but I got this Canon camera when my YouTube channel turned three as it has facial-tracking autofocus, which makes filming significantly easier than it was with the Nikon D750. For lenses, I use a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens to film the talking parts of my videos and a Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens to film the making parts.

My tripod is a Manfrotto MT055XPRO3 055—it has a boom arm that allows me to film overhead shots. I also use a Manfrotto MHXPRO-BHQ2 XPRO Ball Head as the tripod itself doesn’t attach directly to a camera.

For lighting, I have two large continuous lighting softboxes from StrobePro. The precise model I have has been discontinued, but they still have plenty of similar options.

I edit everything with Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

My white backdrop is just a white wall 🙂

Posted in: Personal & Website

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This